By Noreen Doll.
This One Sheet Advent Pocket Book is actually made of 3 one sheet books put together, as 24 pages were needed for the 24 days in December leading up to Christmas Day.
So basically, you make 3 quick and easy 8 page pocket books and then combine them into one larger book.
Ideas for Christmas activities and holiday fun can be found here.
3 – 12×12 inch Sheets of Scrapbooking Paper
Sharpies, Crayons, or Colored Pencils
Stickers and Embellishments for the Pages
Binder Rings, Twine, or Ribbon
Washi Tape or Scotch Tape
How to Make a One Sheet Folded Advent Pocket Book.
1. Follow the directions here for the Basic One Sheet Folded Pocket Book.
Check the supply list there for additional needed items.
Make 3 folded pocket books, but don’t bind them yet.
2. After making the 3 books, decorate the top half of each page above the pocket.
If you are using double sided paper for the books, you don’t have to do this step. But it is fun for kids to do.
3. Punch the 2 holes in the side of each book where it will be bound. (Or use a Bind It All as I did.)
Make sure the holes are in the same place in each book, so they match up when layered together.
Attach the rings or twine to the holes to bind the books together.
4. Make 24 tags to slip into the pockets. My tags are 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches and made from manilla folders.
Write a fun Christmas activity on each tag where it will be covered by the pocket.
5. Slip a tag into each pocket. As each day arrives, pull out the tag for that day and do that activity.
Find a list here of ideas for Christmas activities.
We found Sharpies tended to bleed through to the other side of the paper,
so we used stickers to cover the spots.
You could also make Easter, Valentine, or Halloween countdown books. Just adjust the number of one sheet books to accommodate the pages you need.