By Noreen Doll.
Frame your favorite president’s face to make a clever money gift in a paper frame.
I presented this gift with a tag that said, “I thought you might like to have a photo of Ulysses S. Grant.” Of course, you would use the name of whatever president was on the money.
The frame is easy to make, and if you need several, do them in assembly line fashion and they’ll be quickly finished.
This money gift idea would be fun for anyone.
You could even make a few extra frames and store them flat until you need them.
Plain Colored Paper that looks good with the money.
Double Sided Tape
How to Make a Money Gift in a Paper Frame.
1. To make the paper crafted frame, cut a piece of plain colored paper 3 1/2 inches wide by 7 inches long.
Fold it in half with the colored part on the outside, so it’s 3 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
2. On the inside of one half draw a line 3/4 of an inch in from each side, and from the fold line – so that you have a 2 inch square in the center.
3. Cut the square out.
4. Fold the money in from each side so that the face on the front is centered. Crease the folds.
You will need to fold in a different amount on the sides for different denominations of money.
The folded money should be just a little more than 2 1/2 inches high and 2 3/4 inches wide.
5. On the frame half without the window, put a narrow row of double sided tape down each side.
Put a small amount of double sided tape in the middle of this half.
6. Center the money in the middle of the taped half, with the bottom of the money toward the fold in the frame.
When it’s centered, press the center of the bill to adhere it to the tape in the middle.
7. Fold the open or frame half over the money and adhere it to the tape on the other half.
8. Enclose the framed money in an envelope with this comment attached, “I thought you might like to have a photo of Andrew Jackson” (or whoever is on the money).
Everyone will love receiving a money gift in a paper frame for any occasion.
That is a creative idea. I have seen a lot of tutorials for ways to present money gifts, but that is the first time I have seen one that used a frame.
Such a clever idea. Here in the Uk we could have the Queen or whoever is on the back of our notes depending on how generous we want to be!
I’d love to see the Queen framed!
I’m a paper loving gal and these frames are so cool! Love them and the idea you are framing the picture of that famous person. Very creative, yet simple. Just my style. Visiting you via Friday Flash Blog link up
Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says
Oh what a clever gift idea!
Superb!! What a wonderful idea you have come up with. Kudos!!
Hopping over from Wake-Up Wednesdays. I am a co-host at the party and would like to thank you for joining us!
Joy @ Yesterfood says
Oh, my gosh- this is one of the cutest things ever! Thank you for sharing this with us at Treasure Box Tuesday- pinned! 🙂
This is such a great idea for giving money – love it. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy
Such a creative idea, this would be really fun to give as a gift.
What a fun project, I love the idea of framing your gift as a creative “gift card” Your tutorial is easy to follow!
I am stopping by from the Craftastic – Sew Can Do Link Party where I am linked up too with my project.
Awesome way to give a money gift. Pinning! 🙂
The Wellness Wife says
What a great idea! I love creative ways of giving money so it’s less impersonal.