By Noreen Doll.
Angels are very popular, and here’s a fun Dollar Bill Angel you can make.
It is a much nicer way to give a gift of cash, and easy to create.
You can give any amount of cash this way. For instance you could make the body from a $10 bill and the wings from two $5 bills.
3 Crisp Dollar Bills, Any Denomination
Double Sided Tape
Small Piece of Ribbon
How to Make a Dollar Bill Angel.
1. Fan fold all 3 bills the long way, making the folds about 1/4 inch apart.
Crease all the folds.
2. Measure in about 1 1/4 inch from one end of one dollar bill, scrunch the folds, and tie a twist tie tightly around it.
This forms the head of the angel.
3. To make the wings, lay the other 2 fan folded bills side by side.
Apply double sided tape in a few areas on one long edge of a bill.
Line up the other bill with the folded taped edge, and press the 2 bills together.
4. Find the center of these two bills and fold.
Scrunch up the center of the wings, and lay them behind the angel body.
5. Use the twist tie to attach the wings to the body at the neck of the angel.
Twist a few times firmly and then hide the ends of the twist tie behind the wings, among the folds.
6. To attach the ribbon, lay it diagonally across the angel’s body from the left under wing to the right top of the wing.
Fold the ribbon under, cross the ends and bring the ends up above the wing on the left side and below the wing on the right side.
Tie into a bow.
I found the bright red ribbon shows up better than the gold ribbon, and any bright color would look pretty.
The angel can be tied to a package, hung on a Christmas tree, or wrapped in a small box.