By Noreen Doll.
A snowflake angel is quick and easy to make and would make a nice little gift to add to the top of a package to be used as an ornament.
By adding a magnet to the back, you could make it into a magnet instead.
I used wire edged ribbon for the wings, and you could choose white with snowflakes as I did, silver, gold, or even a dark blue. And you can find ribbon at the Dollar Store, so it doesn’t have to be expensive.
I also found the plastic snowflakes at the Dollar store, and there were 10 in the box for $1. You can find them in several sizes – mine are 3 1/2 x 4 inches.
The glitter foam sheet is 8 1/2 inches by 11 1/2 inches and I found it at Walmart. You can make a lot of angel heads with one sheet. The glitter sheet also comes in gold.
A snowflake angel is a good project to do with kids, though if you use hot glue, an adult should handle that part.
2 1/2 Inch Wide Wire Edge Ribbon
Small piece of narrow Ribbon
Silver or Gold Glitter Foam
Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
1. Cut a piece of wire edge ribbon about 14 inches long.
2. Fold both ends of the ribbon into the middle and overlap them about an inch or so.
3. Use the small piece of narrow ribbon to tie tightly around the center of the folded ribbon, catching in both ends of the ribbon. You should have a bow.
4. Turn the snowflake so that one arm is centered at the top. If there is a hanging cord on it, this is the arm that should be at the top.
5. Put some glue on the back of the snowflake slightly above the center of it, and attach the snowflake to the center of the bow.
The bow should be a little above the center of the snowflake.
6. Cut an oval head shape from the glitter foam, about 5/8 of an inch wide and about 1 inch high.
7. Apply glue to the front of the snowflake, on the center arm where the head will go and attach the head.
It should be almost at the top of the arm of the snowflake that is straight up.
8. Fluff out the ribbon wings and the snowflake angel is ready to hang.
The snowflake would really stand out against dark blue ribbon wings.
By Noreen Doll