By Noreen Doll.
A soda bottle gift wrap is a fun way to wrap gifts for kids or teens.
I recently needed a way to wrap some money I was giving, and I wanted to make it interesting.
I washed and rinsed a 12 ounce soda bottle, and made sure it was completely dry before using it as a gift wrap.
Soda Bottle, Clean and Empty
A Large Sticker Type Tag
1. Wash and dry an empty soda bottle. To speed the process, you can use a hair dryer.
2. Cut a short slit in the back of the bottle through the label, going from top to bottom.
Make it just long enough to put your gift(s) inside.
3. Roll the money into a tight tube and put a rubber band around it.
4. Put something heavy in the bottom of the bottle, through the slit. I used 3 mini bags of candy.
5. Add some of the shredded paper through the slit.
6. Slip the money roll into the bottle. You can probably drop it down through the top.
7. Add enough more shredded paper and/or small gifts to nicely fill the bottle.
8. Screw the lid back on the bottle.
9. Write your message on the sticker tag and stick it over the slit on the bottle, so the slit is no longer visible.
10. Tie a ribbon and bow or curling ribbon around the neck of the bottle.
Have fun watching the recipient try to figure out how to get his/her gift out of the soda bottle gift wrap!
A 2 liter or 3 liter soda bottle would be fun for wrapping larger gifts!
If you want to be really tricky, slit the label in back and pull it back a little to make the bottle slit further over from the label slit. Tape the label back together before adding the sticker tag, so the bottle slit will be well hidden.