By Noreen Doll.
A soda bottle gift wrap is a fun way to wrap gifts for kids or teens.
I recently needed a way to wrap some money I was giving, and I wanted to make it interesting.
I washed and rinsed a 12 ounce soda bottle, and made sure it was completely dry before using it as a gift wrap.
Soda Bottle, Clean and Empty
A Large Sticker Type Tag
1. Wash and dry an empty soda bottle. To speed the process, you can use a hair dryer.
2. Cut a short slit in the back of the bottle through the label, going from top to bottom.
Make it just long enough to put your gift(s) inside.
3. Roll the money into a tight tube and put a rubber band around it.
4. Put something heavy in the bottom of the bottle, through the slit. I used 3 mini bags of candy.
5. Add some of the shredded paper through the slit.
6. Slip the money roll into the bottle. You can probably drop it down through the top.
7. Add enough more shredded paper and/or small gifts to nicely fill the bottle.
8. Screw the lid back on the bottle.
9. Write your message on the sticker tag and stick it over the slit on the bottle, so the slit is no longer visible.
10. Tie a ribbon and bow or curling ribbon around the neck of the bottle.
Have fun watching the recipient try to figure out how to get his/her gift out of the soda bottle gift wrap!
A 2 liter or 3 liter soda bottle would be fun for wrapping larger gifts!
If you want to be really tricky, slit the label in back and pull it back a little to make the bottle slit further over from the label slit. Tape the label back together before adding the sticker tag, so the bottle slit will be well hidden.
I LOVE this!! My daughters birthday is coming up and her party theme is going to be Coca-Cola. She loves the drink and the iconic logo. I am going to use this technique to make the party “treat bag” that her overnight girlfriends will get to take home.
We’ll write a “Thank you for coming!” message on the sticker to seal the bottle and I’ll fill them with candy and small trinkets.
If we start saving the bottles now we’ll have plenty by her November birthday.
What a fun way to do treat bags! And the girls will have fun trying to figure out how to get their treats out.
love this cute wrapping idea,Love making my gifts look cute and quirky. Definitely going to borrow this idea . And recycled to boot
Mixed Kreations says
Love this! This would definitely make for an interesting gift. I don’t buy sodas but I bet I can get some bottles. I think I might try this gift wrapping on my grandkids. LOL this will be fun. Thanks for sharing this cute idea. Savings this one too.
I am always looking for different ways to do Christmas presents every year. The boys have stated they are too old for stockings, so I’ll do these instead. Awesome idea.