By Noreen Doll.
This quick and easy Snowman Gift Package is perfect for favors or small gifts.
I needed a quick, cute idea to wrap some money for a gift.
This snowman is made from a sock and a styrofoam cup.
Because it is so light weight, I added some candy with the money to provide ballast.
This idea is perfect for favors, money, a gift card, or any small gift, and is easy to make.
And it’s a perfect project for kids to do, as well as a great classroom favor or project.
Striped Knee Sock – Adult Size (I found these at the Dollar Store, and 1 pair makes 2 Snowmen)
Small Length of Embroidery Thread or Baker’s Twine
Wiggly Eyes or Black Foam Scrap
Orange Craft Foam Scrap
Pen To Draw Mouth
How to Make a Snowman Gift Package.
1. Lay the sock out flat and cut off the top.
I cut off about 10 inches because I wanted a long stocking cap. But you can cut off less and make a short puffy cap.
2. Cut a length of embroidery thread or baker’s twine about 10 inches long.
Tie the thread or twine about an inch from the white end of the cap, gathering the sock into the thread.
Knot the thread firmly and then tie it into a bow.
3. For the face, cut a small piece of orange craft foam into a carrot shape.
Draw a few lines on it with pencil (which I used) or pen, like a carrot has.
Cut irregular shapes from black foam for coal eyes.
Or use wiggly eyes.
4. Add the features to the styrofoam cup for the face.
Attach the carrot first, making the tip of the carrot point up.
Now add the eyes.
5. Draw the mouth under the carrot with a ballpoint pen.
6. Fill the cup with your gift. You can wrap the gift in tissue paper if it’s very small, to help fill the cup.
7. Slip the sock gently over the top of the styrofoam cup, with the striped end closest to the cup.
You only need a dot or 2 of glue to hold the eyes and nose on.
After attaching the features, let the cup lay on its side for a bit to let the glue dry.