By Noreen Doll.
This dollar bill shamrock was fun and easy to make.
To create it, I used 3 super easy dollar bill hearts and then I rolled another dollar bill the long way to make a stem.
It would be a fun gift for someone whose birthday falls on St. Patrick’s Day or even fun favors for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
You have to use $1 bills for the petals if you want them to be really green. $5, $10, and $20 bills don’t have much green on the back and don’t make very good shamrocks.
If you want to give more money than $4, you can use $1 dollar bills for the petals, and then make the stem with a $5, $10, or $20 bill.
4 Dollar Bills
How to Make a Dollar Bill Shamrock.
1. Fold 3 super easy dollar bill hearts so the darker green (the back side of the dollar bill) is on the front.
2. Lay one heart down with the front face down.
3. Lay the other 2 hearts face down on either side of the first heart, with their points just barely overlapping each other, and the point of the first heart.
Leave a slight gap between the sides of the hearts to help shape the shamrock.
4. Press a piece of tape firmly over the 3 points to hold them in place and together.
5. Roll the 4th dollar bill the long way, folding the second edge under so the white edge is inside the roll.
6. Flatten the roll and crease the edges sharply.
7. Fold one end of the flat roll down about 1 inch and crease sharply.
8. Lay the roll on the back of the shamrock with the folded end up.
Place tape firmly across the folded end and onto either side of the stem to hold it in place.
Turn the shamrock over to the right side and it is done.
And for a gift, I added a tiny gold bow to the stem of the dollar bill shamrock.
Remind the recipient to remove the tape gently to avoid tearing the bills.
It’s easier to make nice looking hearts if you use bills that are fairly new and crisp.