By Noreen Doll.
Easter egg button covers are a fun way to decorate a shirt or blouse.
Brightly Colored Craft Foam
How to Make Easter Egg Button Covers.
1. Draw an Easter egg pattern. (Or find one here: Easter egg template)
I used the smallest size Easter egg, which was about 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inch.
2. Use a pencil to lightly trace the egg pattern onto different colors of craft foam.
Hold the scissors straight up and down to cut – if you slant the scissors, you will bevel the edges of the eggs.
4. Find the center of an egg and make a tiny dot.
Use the dot to center the slit.
5. Cut a small slit with the craft knife. Make the slit the size of the button.
The slit can be snug as the craft foam stretches when you slide the button through it.
6. Decorate the eggs if you like.
Use a piece of scrap craft foam the color of the egg you want to decorate to test the marker color. The colors often look quite different on the craft foam.
Use colored glittered glue to make sparkly Easter egg button covers.
Puffy paint would be a fun way to decorate the eggs, too.
See Sparkly Heart Button Covers here.
Make Glitter Shamrock Button Covers for St. Patrick’s Day.
Sparkly Leaf Button Covers are perfect for fall and Thanksgiving.