By Noreen Doll.
A Back To School Wreath is a fun decoration to use for the start of the school year.
It can be used in the classroom, for a party, or just as a decoration.
School Supplies: eraser, glue stick, pencils, binder clips, scissors, etc.
Alphabet Strip Ribbon
How to Make a Back to School Wreath.
1. Make a School Alphabet Strip Ribbon Bow.
1. Make the basic brown paper bag wreath. (Or buy a wreath base.)
2. Use the non-shiny side of the black ribbon for a chalkboard look.
Attach one end of the black ribbon to the back of the wreath.
Wrap the ribbon around the wreath, overlapping the edges so the wreath base doesn’t show through.
When the wreath is fully wrapped, attach the end of the black ribbon to the back of the wreath.
3. Start laying the school supplies around on the wreath in various ways, until you find an arrangement you like.
Remember to leave a spot at the top for the bow.
4. Use hot glue to attach the bow to the wreath, and then attach the rest of the items the way you’ve arranged them.
Or a slightly different arrangement.
5. Wrap a thin wire around the top of the wreath and make a loop for hanging.
The wire loop can be hidden behind the bow.
Cheryl Lawson says
What a cute idea, Noreen! As a retired teacher, I love ideas like this. I might add even more school supplies to the wreath (of course, I’ve collected tons of them over the years and can’t help buying more every August!)