By Noreen Doll.
This Secret Heart Money Holder is a fun way to give a little cash for a birthday, Christmas, or Valentine’s Day.
Not only is the money hidden, you can’t tell it’s in a heart until you open it up.
Scoring Tool, optional
How to Make a Secret Heart Money Holder.
1. You will need a heart that is at least 5 inches by 5 inches.
2. Cut a piece of paper into a 5 1/2 inch square.
Fold it in half.
Draw a heart on the fold. (See how to make a heart pattern.)
The opened heart needs to be about 5 inches by 5 inches.
Cut the heart out.
3. To make a template of the heart, trace it onto cereal box cardboard.
4. Trace the heart onto the colorful paper you will be using and cut it out.
5. This diagram shows where the folds will be.
You can score on these lines, or just fold the heart around the money.
6. Write your message in the center of the heart.
7. Fold the right side of the heart over.
Fold the left side of the heart over.
Fold the top of the heart down.
Lay the folded dollar bill in the center.
Fold the point of the heart up.
Use a sticker to hold the point in place and the holder closed.
How to Fold the Dollar Bill.
Use a new, crisp dollar bill.
1. Fold the top of the dollar bill to the back, just above Washington’s head.
2. Fold the bottom of the bill to the back, just below Washington’s portrait.
3. Fold both sides behind Washington’s face.
Crease the folds well.
Change the message to use for birthday, Christmas, or any other occasion.
This heart could be made any size.
You don’t have to score the heart, the money can be laid in the middle of the heart and then the edges folded around it.
What a cute idea! Probably works for gift cards too, if you adjust size! Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party! Pinned!
This is such a cute idea for kids! I think it would be fun to do with an Easter egg too! it would be a cute idea for an Easter egg hunt inside or something! Thank you for linking up with us at the Tips and Tricks Link Party!
Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing at My Flagstaff Home.
Ana Love Craft says
This is really amazing! I love this and will try it. Thanks for sharing great tutorial!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
This really is perfect, and it can be used for any occasion — love it!