By Noreen Doll.
Make a festive Snowflake Silverware Holder for each place setting at your holiday table.
After the celebration is over, guests can take it home and use the potholder in their own kitchen.
You can use any Christmas or Hanukkah design to make these attractive place settings.
I found the snowflake potholders at the Dollar Store for 2 for $1.
Embellishments: snowflakes, snowman, etc.
Needle and Thread or Safety Pin
Scrap of White String
How to Make a Snowflake Silverware Holder.
1. Remove the tags from the potholders.
2. Turn the potholder so a corner is at the top and one is at the bottom.
Fold the two side corners into the center of the potholder and overlap them slightly.
3. Use a few stitches to stitch the overlapping corners together.
Or, as I did, use a large safety pin on the inside of the potholder and pin the 2 corners together.
4. Add the embellishments to the top of the silverware holder.
5. Wrap a napkin around the silverware and slip it gently into the holder.
This can be placed either in the center of the plate, or beside it.