By Noreen Doll.
Here is a very easy idea for adding a pocket to a book.
Since it’s a side pocket, it isn’t quite as secure as a bottom of the page pocket, but it adds interest to a journal.
I’m working with a composition book that is 7 1/2 inches by 9 3/4 inches.
Scrapbook Paper or other colorful paper
Double Sided Tape
Regular Invisible Tape
How to Make a Pocket Page in a Book – Idea #3.
Essentially, you just enclose the side edge of a page with a folded paper.
1. Cut a piece of scrapbook paper 6 inches wide by 9 3/4 inches tall.
2. Score down the middle the long way.
3. On the white side of the pocket paper, adhere a strip of regular invisible tape on each of the long edges.
This will help keep the edges from getting tattered and torn.
4. Fold in half so the paper is now 3 inches by 9 3/4 inches.
5. Open the paper with the white side up (or the side that will be inside the pocket).
6. Put a strip of double sided tape across the narrow edges at the top and bottom of the strip.
7. Place the outside edge of the notebook page on the scrapbook paper, lining the notebook page edge up with the fold of the paper.
Press to adhere at top and bottom of the page.
8. Fold the paper over to the other side of the page and press to adhere at the top and bottom.
Now you have pockets on both sides of the page.