By Noreen Doll.
Knowing how to make a pocket page in a book is very handy if you enjoy keeping a journal.
It allows for you to add keepsakes in a way that they won’t get lost.
Double Sided Tape
Composition Book or other Journal
How to Make a Pocket Page in a Book.
1. Open the composition book to the page you want to make into a pocket.
2. Fold the top corner on the right hand page down so the side edge is about half way down the page.
Try to make the edge straight across the page. ( I use one of the lines on the page as my guide.)
Crease the fold.
3. On the left hand page, fold the upper left corner down to meet the same line you have done on the right hand page, so the page folds are alike.
4. Open each folded corner and place double sided tape on the edges of the corner that will be against the page.
Fold the corner back down and rub on the edges to adhere.
5. Lay the left page over on the right page.
6. Cut a piece of wash tape that is long enough to reach all the way across the bottom of the page, plus a little more.
7. Lay the wash tape across the entire bottom of the page, overlapping the page so that about half the wash tape is past the bottom edge of the page.
Press the tape to the page.
8. Turn the two folded pages to the left so you are on the back of the right hand page.
Make sure the bottom and side edges of both pages match up.
Fold the rest of the washi tape up over the bottom edge of the page and press down.
Trim the corner of the page if needed.
9. Using the same method, put a piece of washi tape along the side edges to hold them together.
The pocket is finished and both sides can now be embellished with ticket stubs, maps, photos, or whatever coordinates with what your book is about.
If you wish, you can make several of these pockets in your book.
If you want to make these pockets sturdier, use 2 pages together for the front of the pocket, and 2 pages for the back of the pocket.