By Noreen Doll.
Make a fun and easy patriotic mini gift box for 4th of July favors.
Fill it with Snaps for the kids, or small toys or candy. And it can be used for adult prizes, too.
Since the boxes are so quick and easy, round up the family a day or two ahead and have a craft day to make them.
Paper, cut to 4×6 inches
Narrow Ribbons: red, white, and blue
Embellishments: red, white, and blue
How to Make a Patriotic Mini Gift Box.
1. On the back side of the paper, mark the center of all 4 sides of the paper.
2. Turn the paper so the narrow part of the rectangle is horizontal.
Score from the top center to the side center on both sides.
To use the Scor-Pal, turn the paper diagonally, and line up the center marks on one of the score lines.
Score from the bottom center to the side center on both sides.
Score from side to side on the center line.
3. Fold all the corners toward the center on the score lines and crease.
Fold the rectangle in half on the center score line.
4. When the box is completely folded, each side will look like this.
The front and back will be a flat surface.
5. On one side, hold the two edges together and punch a hole through both, as shown.
Repeat on the other side.
6. Decorate the front of the box.
7. Fill the box with goodies.
8. Thread ribbon through the holes, starting from the outside on one side – through the center of the box – and then through the other holes from inside the box to outside the box.
Pull all the edges snuggly together and tie in a bow.
You don’t have to use 4×6 inch paper, it can be larger or smaller to make different size boxes – but it does need to be a rectangle.
Another tutorial on how to make a triangle box.