By Noreen Doll.
A milk jug dry erase board is really easy to make because all you have to do is cut out one side of a milk jug.
Be sure to use the smoother side of the plastic, because the slightly pebbled side doesn’t work as well.
The fun thing about this board is that it’s small and easy to carry, and great for travel or for keeping kids busy when you are at a restaurant or in the doctor’s office.
Since the board is small and flat, it is easy to slip it in your purse, along with a couple of dry erase pens. And the whole set fits easily into a zipper sandwich bag.
Here are some tips for using milk jugs in crafting.
Ultra Fine Tip Sharpie
Knife or Scissors
Dry Erase Pens
How to Make a Milk Jug Dry Erase Board.
1. Remove the label and wash the jug.
2. Use the side that has the largest flat area. With the Sharpie draw around, and just outside, the largest flat area you can.
3. Use the knife or scissors tip to puncture the jug outside the drawn line. Then cut a half inch or so outside the drawn line to cut out the section.
4. With scissors, neatly trim just inside the Sharpie line.
5. If there is any black left on the edge, remove it with alcohol on a paper towel.
To use the milk jug dry erase board, have the smoothest side up (on mine it was the inside of the jugs).
Feel both sides with your fingers and you can tell which is smoother.
It can be erased with a small cloth or paper towel. An 8 or 10inch square cut from an old tee shirt is perfect, and can be folded to fit in the zipper bag.
These would be great to use as party favors. One board, 2 dry erase pens, and a cloth to erase, as a set in a zipper bag.
Of course, use of scissor or knives should always be supervised by an adult or handled by the adult.
Leave a Reply