By Noreen Doll.
These tasty green chilis and cheese rice patties make a great meal or a filling snack, and they’re gluten free.
2 – 3 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 – 4 Ounce Can Diced Green Chilis
1/2 Onion, minced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Put cooked rice in a large bowl.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
3. Spray a frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat it.
4. Place a heaping spoonful or 2 of the rice mixture in the frying pan, spreading it out fairly thin – but with no holes – so it will cook on the inside.
5. Cook the rice patty until it is golden brown, and then turn and cook the other side.
I covered the patty for most of the cooking time, so the center of it would be cooked through.
Serve with fruit or a salad.