by Noreen Doll.
Create an easy folded circle angel and then use it as an ornament or gift tag, or enclose it in a Christmas card.
It would be a fun Christmas project for kids, too.
Double Sided Scrap Booking Paper
Short Piece of Ribbon
Double Sided Tape or Glue
How to Make a Folded Circle Angel.
If you don’t have double sided paper, use a glue stick to glue together 2 coordinating pieces of paper a little larger than your circle.
1. Make a circle by drawing around a circular item, such as a CD, large lid, or small plate.
Cut it out just inside the traced line.
2. Measure down 1 1/8 inch from the top of the circle.
Score across the circle on this line.
3. Fold the top of the circle to the back on the score line.
4. To fold the arms mark the center of the fold at the top.
Mark 1/4 inch to each side of the center.
5. For the arms, see the photo for making diagonal folds from the marks.
6. To make the wings, make a heart a little larger than the circle.
The tip of the heart isn’t necessary if you wish to remove it.
7. Center the angel where you want it on the wings and attach it with glue or double sided tape.
8. Punch a small hole about 1/4 inch down from the top edge, near the center.
Attach a thin cord or thread to hang the ornament.
9. Choose a 2 hole button large enough for the head.
Attach the button / head with the holes side by side for eyes.
Add a colorful bow just below the head.
Here’s another colorful angel.
You can pre cut circles and wings for younger kids.
For really young kids, you could have them color the circles and wings with crayons or markers, and then fold them. The kids could also choose the head from a group of pre selected buttons of a usable size.
Heather Grow says
Oh, she is cute. I love this. Visiting from the Keeping it Simple link party.
Kristina and Millie says
How adorable! and this little folded circle angel would be so easy to make for just about any craft level! I can see these hanging all over the tree and house! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us!
Abi Craig says
Very fun. Looks easy enough for me to try with my preschool daughters. (Visiting from So Much At Home)
Sinea Pies says
Noreen, this is so cute! Have you shared it on Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop yet? If you haven’t then please come by next week. My readers will LOVE it!♥
I love these! I’ll have to make some of them as ornaments and gift tags 🙂
This is such a cute idea! Love that I already have tons of double-sided scrapbook paper.
Very cute the way you folded back the edges, thanks for sharing.
Kristina & Millie says
Very pretty! And easy enough that maybe my kids can do it (with help of course). Thanks for linking up to Snickerdoodle Sunday!