By Noreen Doll.
I like this easy favor envelope because they don’t take long to make, and you can do them in any color for any occasion.
I used scrapbooking paper for these, but you could use anything, from wrapping paper to magazine or book pages.
And you can vary the envelope colors according to the occasion.
They are also larger than the regular sour cream containers, and will hold candy plus a small gift or a few small gifts.
This easy favor envelope could also be used for jewelry or money, or a gift card.
Since you are starting with an envelope and don’t have to make a tube, this is a quick project.
Glue or Double Slided Tape
Ribbon or Twine
How to Make an Easy Favor Envelope.
1. Seal the envelope.
2. Cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch off one end of the envelope. This will be the end you use to fill the finished favor.
3. Cut 2 pieces of colorful paper about 1/2 inch narrower and 1/2 to 1 inch shorter than the envelope when it is turned with the open end at the top.
4. With glue or double sided tape, attach one of the pieces of paper to the front of the envelope.
5. Repeat with the back of the envelope.
6. Run the bottom inch or so of the envelope into the crimper.
7. Turn the envelope on its side and put the top edges together, matching the folds on front and back.
8. Punch holes on either side of the center of the top – about 1/2 inch or so down from the top edge.
9. Add embellishments if you like.
10. Fill the easy favor envelope with candies or small gifts.
11. Put string or twine through the holes and tie the top edge together.
12. Finish with a nice bow.
I found a glue stick didn’t hold the colorful paper to the envelope well when the envelope was twisted, so I would say use a sturdy glue or double sided tape instead.
© Noreen Doll