By Noreen Doll.
Dollar Bill Birthday Candles are a fun way to give money as a birthday gift.
You can attach the candles to the front of a home made birthday card, or put them in a small box as I did.
It will definitely make the recipient smile!
Crayons – Inexpensive Box from the Dollar Store
5 Dollar Bills, Crisp and New
Small Decorated Box
Double Sided Tape
White Card Stock
How to Make Dollar Bill Birthday Candles.
1. Choose the darker colored crayons for the candles.
You can use more or fewer candles than 5.
2. Roll each dollar bill up tightly and hold for a minute. This will help it stay rolled around the crayon better.
3. Tape one end of the dollar bill to a crayon using a small piece of tape.
Wrap the dollar bill around the crayon until you reach the other end of it.
Tape this end down using a small piece of tape.
4. Repeat with the other crayons and dollar bills until all are covered.
5. Cut the card stock to fit into the box. Write your message on it with a crayon.
Attach the card stock to the box bottom with double sided tape.
6. Use double sided tape on the back of the candles to attach them to the card stock.
7. Close the box and tie a ribbon around it – carefully, so as not to dislodge the candles.