By Noreen Doll.
Make conversation heart cupcakes for a fun Valentine treat.
These cupcakes are so easy to decorate that even preschoolers can help.
All you do is sandwich a toothpick between conversation heart stickers and stick the toothpick into a cupcake.
Foam Conversation Heart Stickers
How to Make Conversation Heart Cupcakes.
1. Peel the backing off a sticker and lay it sticky side up.
2. Place the end of a toothpick in the center of the heart.
3. Remove the backing from a second sticker and place it sticky side down on the first heart, sandwiching the toothpick between them.
Try to match all the edges. If you can’t quite manage it, you can trim off excess foam with scissors.
4. Press the hearts firmly together, and especially over the toothpick.
5. Stick the uncovered end of the toothpick into a frosted cupcake.
I used 2 different colors of hearts on each toothpick, but the same color could be used on both sides.
If you can’t find conversation heart stickers, look for plain heart stickers and write your own messages on them.
Or buy the foam sticker sheets and cut hearts out to write your message on.
© Noreen Doll