By Noreen Doll.
I had 2 kinds of Christmas card boxes, one with a cardboard top and bottom, and one with a cardboard bottom and clear plastic top.
These boxes are a nice size for smaller gifts, and I came up with some fun ideas for altering them.
The all cardboard Christmas card gift box is here.
Now I’ll show you some ideas I had for turning a plastic top Christmas card box into a gift box.
Card Stock, Scrap Book Paper, Construction Paper or Wrapping Paper
Copy of Vintage Photo
Crayons or Markers
How to Turn a Christmas Card Box with a Clear Plastic Lid into a Gift Box.
Before you get started on the box top, run a strip of washi tape around all 4 sides of the bottom half of the box to cover unsightly info.
Then use a dryer sheet to wipe the inside and outside of the plastic lid to help keep static electricity from building up.
1. The first way to decorate a clear plastic lid is to cut the front off a Christmas card and tape it inside the plastic lid.
However, the card is a little smaller than the lid and would allow the box contents to be seen.
2. Cut paper or card stock to the exact measurement of the inside of the clear plastic lid.
Round the corners of the paper the tiniest bit to allow for a better fit.
3. Center the card on the paper and attach it with double sided tape. The paper will appear as a frame around the card.
Use double sided tape in the front corners to attach the card / paper on the inside of the lid, or tape it on the back to the plastic.
Vintage Photo Box
1. Cover all 4 sides of the bottom half of the box with wash tape.
2. Cut paper or card stock that will coordinate with the photo, to the exact size of the inside of the plastic lid.
3. Center the photo on the paper and attach with double sided tape.
4. Attach the paper with photo to the inside of the plastic lid so the photo will be seen when the lid is on the box.
Quick and Easy Idea.
Just cut paper to the measurement of the inside of the plastic lid and attach it.
Cut drawing paper, construction paper, or computer paper to the size of the plastic lid.
Then let your child draw a picture on it.
Aunts and Grandmas will love it!
And here are some more ideas for recycling that clear plastic top.
Make a copy of your photo to use on the box so you don’t ruin the real thing.
The bottom of the box could also be covered by attaching paper to it.