By Noreen Doll.
Make some easy camo gift bags with brown grocery bags or even lunch bags.
You could actually make several camouflage bags while you are doing them, and have them ready when you want one to wrap a gift.
What You Need
Brown Bag, either grocery or lunch size
Black and Green Paint
Plastic Lids to hold the paint
What You Do
1. Prepare the paint. I didn’t have olive green paint, so I mixed black and bright green paints to get the color I wanted.
2. Put some of each color in separate lids. (I used recycled lids from cottage cheese, etc.)
3. Crumple a small piece of paper and flatten the bottom.
4. Dip the flat side of the crumpled paper in one of the colors and pat it randomly all over the front of the bag. Leave quite a bit of the brown showing.
5. After you have one color on, repeat with the other color, overlapping in places and smearing a bit.
6. Let the front dry and then repeat on the back side of the bag.
7. After the back has dried, open out the bag and do some on each side – so that the whole camouflage bag is painted.
8. After the camo gift bag is dry, turn down about 2 inches of the top toward the back of the bag.
9. Punch 2 holes, one on each side of the center.
10. Put a piece of twine, string, or ribbon through the holes so the ends are in front. Tie a bow. Or just knot it if you want a more rustic look.
The bow is nearly invisible, which makes it perfect for a camouflage bag.
And your finished camo gift bag is ready for a present.
What’s inside the bag? Duct tape, of course!
If you use a large grocery bag, cover the store name with paint splotches.
Use pinks, purples, or blues for a more feminine version of the camo gift bag.