By Noreen Doll.
Create a Valentine holder from a cereal box.
Because it has handles, it’s very useful for carrying Valentines to and from school, and for storing them at home.
It could also be a sturdy gift box, that can be reused many times.
I used a cereal box that was about 8 inches by 12 inches and cut it down to about half that size, leaving handles for carrying it.
Double Sided Tape or Glue
How to Make a Valentine Holder from a Cereal Box.
1. Cut the top flaps off the box.
2. Mark 6 inches up from the bottom on each narrow side.
From the top, cut down the edges to the 6 inch mark.
3. Fold the side flaps to the inside and tape or glue to the box.
This will help make the box sturdier.
4. Make a pattern for the handles.
I used a large plastic lid and a small plate to draw the curves.
5. Attach the colorful paper you are using to the front, sides, and back of the box.
6. Lightly trace the handle pattern on the front and back of the box.
Cut it out.
7. Make a large heart to attach to the front.
8. Add embellishments: a rosette, bows, lace, or whatever you love.
Fill with Valentines to give away or to carry the ones you receive.
Placed in the middle of the table, you could create a centerpiece with it by adding flowers, packets of candy or candy bars, lots of hearts, or little gifts for all the guests.