By Noreen Doll.
This Raven Wreath from a brown paper bag is a quick Halloween wreath to make.
It was found among Edgar Allan Poe’s effects after he died.
I thought about using orange burlap ribbon to wrap the wreath, but I couldn’t find any, so I decided to use orange tissue paper instead.
I think orange and black are very striking together, and I really love this wreath.
2 Large Brown Paper Bags
Orange Tissue Paper
1 1/2 Inch Wide Black Ribbon
Black Bird from the Dollar Store
How to Make a Raven Wreath from a Brown Paper Bag.
1. Use these directions to make the Basic Brown Paper Bag Wreath.
2. Cut 2 sheets of orange tissue into 4 strips each (about 5 inches wide).
3. Tape the strips end to end to make one long strip.
I used packing tape because I think it sticks better to tissue paper than regular tape.
4. Crumple the tissue paper strip into a ball.
5. Straighten the tissue paper strip out again and tape one end to the back side of the wreath.
Start winding the tissue paper around the wreath. I had a long enough strip to wrap around the wreath twice.
After you’ve used all the tissue paper strip, tape the second end to the back of the wreath.
6. Make a bow with the black ribbon.
7. Use a bit of hot glue to hold the bow in place on the wreath a little to the left or right of center. Then tie a piece of ribbon around the bow and wreath.
8. Use another piece of black ribbon to hang the wreath. Or use fishing line if you want the hanger to be invisible.
9. Attach the bird to the inside of the bottom part of the wreath.