By Noreen Doll.
When I saw this sweet teeny tea set in the Dollar Store I thought of what pretty tea set ornaments they would make. I love the delicate pink flower painted on each piece.
It could be a fun way to preserve a tea set once loved by a little girl who no longer uses it.
The ornaments were simple to make, and only needed time for the glue to dry before they were ready to add fishing line to hang.
Tiny Tea Set
Aleene’s Tacky Gllue
Nylon Fishing Line
How to Make Tiny Tea Set Ornaments.
1. Remove the set from the package and match lids to bottoms and cups to saucers.
2. Put a small glob of glue on the bottom of each cup and press it firmly to the center of each saucer.
3. Put a thin line of glue around the inside edge of each lid and attach it firmly to its bottom half.
4. Allow the set a few hours to dry.
5. Cut 10 or 12 inch long pieces of nylon fishing line to string through the handle of each piece, and tie a knot at the end.
The tea set ornaments are ready to be hung.
If you can’t find a tea set in the Dollar Store, you may find one in Walmart or Target.
This tea set is ceramic, so you would need to use care not to break it.
© Noreen Doll