By Noreen Doll.
Create a pretty paper basket with a piece of paper and some ribbon or twine.
I saw these baskets made with fabric, where you could untie the bow and store them flat, and I wondered how it would work with paper.
These baskets can be made in multiple sizes, depending on the size of paper you use.
And they don’t have to be square. You could just as easily make it rectangular.
Use them for favors on your party table, or put a large one in the center of the table and fill it with colored balls, large candy canes, or several small gifts or favors.
And if you want to keep it to re-use, just remove the ribbons from the corners and store it flat.
Paper – Heavier paper or card stock works best.
Ribbon or Twine
How to Make a Pretty Paper Basket.
1. For this basket use a 6 inch square of paper.
3. Score 1 1/2 inch from each edge around the square.
4. Fold and crease on each score line.
5. At one corner bring the score lines together so the corner looks like this.
6. Punch a hole through both sides at the corner.
7. Put a piece of twine or ribbon through both holes and tie snuggly enough to pull the edges together.
8. Repeat with the other 3 corners.
The pretty paper basket is finished and ready to be filled.
Someone thought this would make a perfect nest!
The center part of this basket using a 6 inch square is 3 inches square and the corners extend about 1 1/2 inch further out in each direction.
If you make a basket from a larger paper square, you may want to increase the height of the edges by scoring at 1 3/4 inches or 2 inches.
The rectangular basket was made with paper that was 6 inches by 9 inches, with sides 1 1/2 inches tall.