By Noreen Doll.
It is especially entertaining for little ones who still love to play peek a boo.
Older kids can make them for their younger siblings, or for fun Easter party give aways.
Craft Foam – Yellow and another color plus small amounts of black and orange.
Paper for Pattern
Glue for Craft Foam
Paper Punch – 1/8 inch hole size or smaller
How to Make a Peek a Boo Peep.
1. Make a pattern for a peep and an egg that is larger enough to conceal the peep behind.
2. Cut the patterns out.
3. Trace the peep pattern on yellow craft foam.
Trace the egg pattern on another color of craft foam for the egg.
Cut the peep and egg out.
4. Use markers to decorate the egg like an Easter egg.
5. Cut the egg in half lengthwise through the center.
6. Make an orange bill and black round eyes for the chick. Use a paper punch to punch the eyes.
Cut them out. Lay them different ways on the peep’s face to find an expression you like.
7. Use craft foam glue to attach the eyes and beak to the peep.
8. Overlap the bottom edge of the egg enough to punch holes near the center of the bottom on each egg piece.
9. Put the peep behind the egg and mark where the hole needs to go on it.
Punch the hole.
10. The top of the brad can be colored by a Sharpie, if desired.
11. Insert the brad first in one side of the egg, then the other side, and finally through the hole punched in the bottom of the peep.
Open out the prongs on the brad, but not so tightly the egg doesn’t open and close easily.
Open and close the sides of the egg to play peek a boo with the peep!