by Noreen Doll.
Use your paper scraps to make this paper egg ornament for a fun Easter decoration. It can be made in any size.
Tape or glue the egg shapes together and add a ribbon for hanging.
You can make several eggs quickly and easily, and they can be folded flat and put in an envelope for mailing. It would make a fun little gift to send a grandchild.
You can write a message on each egg piece before you assemble the paper egg ornament.
What You Need
Paper in coordinating colors, or all one color
Ribbon, 7 or 8 inches long to match the paper
Double Sided Tape or Glue
What You Do
1. Choose your paper. I made one egg all one paper color, and another egg in several coordinating colors.
2. You need 6 eggs all the same size to make a paper egg ornament. Use an egg pattern to draw the eggs, and cut them out.
3. Score down the center of the eggs from top to bottom to make it easier to fold them. I adjusted each egg as I folded it to make the edges match.
4. Apply glue or double sided tape to 1/2 of one egg and attach it to one half of another egg.
5. Put glue or tape on the second half of the second egg and attach half of a third egg to it.
6. Attach half of the fourth egg to the second half of the third egg.
7. Continue attaching the egg halves in this way until you have one egg left. Attach one half of the 6th egg to the fifth egg.
8. Before you attach the second half of the sixth egg to the open half of the first egg, put the two ends of the ribbon hanger in the top center of the egg and tape them down – leaving a loop sticking out.
This is a good time to add a bit of glue or tape to any of the top edges that aren’t completely attached to each other.
9. Then tape or glue the sixth egg to the first one to complete the circle.
10. If all the edges are not perfectly aligned, you can use the scissors to carefully trim the edges even.
11. Hang paper egg ornaments all around your house!
You can write a message on any of the egg shapes before you put them together.
Glitter can be added to the eggs after they are finished. Spray a coat of clear acrylic over the glitter after it has dried.