By Noreen Doll.
I enjoy a good quiche, and this one is especially good with its spicy Mexican flavor.
It’s easy to make, and gluten free, and it would be a tasty brunch or side dish.
Mexican Squash Casserole
1 Medium Yellow Crookneck or Zucchini Squash, grated
1 Onion, diced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 – 4 Ounce Can Chopped Green Chiles
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
2 Cups grated Cheeses, I like Pepper Jack and Sharp Cheddar Cheeses
3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
3/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Use paper towels or clean cloth to press liquid from shredded squash.
2. In a frying pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil, adding the squash after a couple of minutes.
We like the vegetables browned, but you can cook them how you like them.
3. In a medium bowl beat 2 eggs. Add cheeses and green chilis.
Add cornstarch, baking powder and salt and pepper. Mix well.
4. Stir squash mixture into cheese mixture.
Pour into an 8 inch square pan.
5. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.