A greeting card pizza box is very easy to make.
Just a few cuts and folds, a bit of glue, and it’s ready to use.
This gift box is hinged on one edge just like a pizza box.
A greeting card pizza box may be used for any small gift, such as money, jewelry, or a gift card.
What You Need
Small Strip of Card Stock
Glue or Tape
What You Do
1. The first thing you need to do is glue a strip of card stock centered over the fold in the greeting card, because the fold is in the wrong place for this box.
This strip needs to be as wide as the box is deep, and as long as the width of the box. In the case of this box, the strip is 3/4 or .75 inch by 6.5 inches.
2. Score on both sides of the strip you just added.
3. Score 3/4 or .75 of an inch all the way around the edges, on all the places shown with dashed lines on the template.
4. Fold on all the scored lines
5. Cut on the red lines shown on the template.
6. Fold the 4 lower tabs into the box bottom and glue in place. I use clothespins to hold them till they dry.
7. Fold the 2 upper tabs into the box top and glue in place. Let dry.
The greeting card pizza box is finished.
Tie a ribbon around the box and add a bow or an interesting package topper.
You don’t have to use 3/4 of an inch for the box depth – it can be any size. If you make it more than an inch it will be a pretty small box, unless you use a large card.
To keep the glue from sticking to the clothespins, I often fold a small piece of waxed paper over the box before adding the clothespin.
Double sided tape may be used instead of glue. Be sure to press it firmly so the tabs will stay in place.