By Noreen Doll.
A ghost favor bagalope can be easily made with a white envelope and a black marker.
They’re great fun for kids to make, and inexpensive for a Halloween party.
Ruler or Scoring Board
Stylus or Other Tool for Scoring
Double Sided Tape
How to Make a Ghost Favor Bagalope.
Any size envelope can be used to make a bagalope.
The envelope I used was about 6 inches by 9 inches.
Fold Top Bagalope
Seal the envelope and turn it so the long edge is vertical.
1. Cut a thin strip off the top.
2. Score 1 inch down from the top of the bag.
Score each side and the bottom 1 inch in.
3. Score the bottom corners diagonally, as shown above.
4. Fold the top back on the 1 inch score line.
4. Fold the bag on the side and bottom score lines and crease sharply.
Fold the bag back the other way on the same side and bottom score lines and crease sharply.
5. Fold the bottom diagonal corners forward and backward on the score lines and crease sharply.
6. Draw a ghostly face keeping well inside all the fold lines. The face should be more toward the top of the bag.
7. Open the bag. Reach inside to push out the sides and bottom.
9. Find the middle of the top edge, and punch a hole about 1/2 inch on either side of it.
8. Thread a black ribbon through the holes and tie in a bow on the front of the ghost favor bagalope.
Decorative Top Bagalope.
1. Use the decorative edge scissors to cut about 1 inch off the top edge.
Make this bag the same as the above bag EXCEPT.. Do Not fold the top edge of the bag.
After you have finished making the bag, find the center of the top edge and punch a hole about 1/2 inch on either side of it.
6. Thread a piece of black ribbon through the holes and tie a bow in front.
If your envelope is smaller than 6×9, you may want to score at only1/2 or 3/4 of an inch from each edge.
You could use a white lunch bag instead of making a bagalope from an envelope.
Let your kids draw the faces.