By Noreen Doll.
Try this fun way to fold 6 pockets from 1 sheet of paper.
Albums and journals are more fun with lots of pockets to stash things in, and by careful folding you can make several pockets with just 1 sheet of 12 by 12 scrap booking paper.
Double sided paper makes really nice pockets, but I’m using paper with only one colored side to allow the pockets to show better.
Scrap booking Paper, 12 inch by 12 inch
Double Sided Tape
How to Fold 6 Pockets from 1 Sheet of Paper.
1. Fold the paper diagonally from corner to corner, so that it forms a triangle.
2. Along the folded edge, measure in 5 5/8 inch from each point and score.
Fold along each score line and crease.
3. Open up the square, and with the colored side down,
refold on the score lines as shown. Crease.
4. Fold on the center line as shown and crease.
5. Score across each end near the point as shown by the black line.
Fold the points back to the colored side of the pocket. Crease.
6. Mark just inside the point where the edges cross – as shown by the red dot.
7. Apply double sided tape from the red dot to the point on both sides. Burnish to make sure the tape adheres.
8. Turn the page over and apply double sided tape along the bottom edge of the flap shown by the red arrows, from point to point. Burnish.
Now count your pockets: 1 small pocket and 1 side pocket on each of the front and back pages, and 1 small pocket on each center page. 6 pockets.
You can adhere an additional pocket to each of the center pages.