By Noreen Doll.
Fold a Dollar Bill Skull for a fun Halloween treat.
This would be cute to give your kids, or to use as prizes at a Halloween party.
It would also be fun to scatter a few into a centerpiece on your table, or use at place settings.
Black Craft Foam
White Paper Scrap
Pencil / Pen
How to Make a Dollar Bill Skull.
1. Fold the dollar bill in half at one end and crease the center, just at the end.
2. Open the bill and lay vertically face up, with the top of Washington’s head at your right.
3. Fold the top right corner in to the center and crease sharply.
Fold the top left corner in to the center and crease sharply.
4. Fold the top point down about 1/2 inch. Crease.
5. Turn the bill upside down and make a small mark on the bottom edge, 3/4 inch in from each edge.
6. Fold one side in on the bottom mark, diagonally up to the edge at the top. Crease.
Fold the other side in the same way, using the mark for the bottom part of the fold. Crease.
7. Measure 2 1/2 inches down from the top edge and fold the bottom part up here. Crease.
8. Measure 3/8 inch from the fold you just made, and fold the bill back down, making a small pleat.
9. Turn the bill so Washington is face down. Measure down 1/2 inch from the fold and fold the bottom part of the bill back behind the skull’s head.
The side that says ONE will be the front of the skull.
Go back over all the folds and crease really well one more time.
10. Make the features for the skull.
Use the black foam to make 2 eye sockets and a nose hole.
Draw a 2 inch wide by 1 inch high rectangle on the white paper.
Sketch in some teeth and darken them with a black pen. Cut out.
11. Use a bit of double sided tape to attach the features to the skull as shown.
Place the dollar bill skull inside a small ziplock bag to protect the features when you present it.
Dollar bill origami is a fun way to present gifts.
I used a bit of double sided tape to hold the fold down just above the teeth.
Such an ingenious idea and way to give money to kids or as prizes, etc. Really cute and appropriate for occasion. You are always so clever with your ideas. Happy week and Halloween
What a fun way to give money. Haha. I wonder if there are anymore little tuts for these. This would be great idea for October birthdays too. thanks for sharing & happy Wednesday!
Jennifer @ My Sweet Sanity says
I love this! I need to make some of these and send them to my college student.
This is so cool 🙂
Thanks for sharing with us at Wake Up Wednesday.
Lou Lou Girls says
Hello gorgeous! What an amazing idea. So cool! Pinned. We hope to see you at our party tonight at 7 pm. It is so fun to party with you!
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls
Debi @ Adorned From Above says
Cute idea. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. We hope to see you at tonight’s party.
Kristina and Millie says
too neat! love this little dollar skull but I want one with a $100 🙂
So do I! lol
Cute but there’s some easy patterns to fold skulls that don’t require defacing the bills. Just fyi