By Noreen Doll.
The reindeer crimped envelope bag uses a reindeer cut from a recycled card and an envelope.
Cut designs you like from old greeting cards: flowers, poinsettias, snowmen, reindeer and more.
Use a piece of a brown paper bag. Or cut a small piece off the crumpled brown paper that came in that last box you ordered through the mail.
You really don’t need to spend a lot of money to make an attractive crimped envelope bag.
I couldn’t resist using this cute reindeer cut from a recycled Christmas card!
What You Need
Pictures cut from Recycled Cards
A Piece of Brown Kraft Paper
Ribbon, Buttons, or Other Embellishments
Scissors, Decorative Scissors
Ruler and Pencil
What You Do
1. This envelope is a standard size envelope: 3.5 inches by 6.5 inches.
2. Seal the envelope. I used double sided tape all the way to the corners and then rubbed firmly to make sure the tape adhered.
3. Turn the envelope so the long way is vertical, and the envelope sides are at top and bottom.
Measure down 1 inch from the top all the way across, and cut this off with decorative scissors.
Because the envelope is small, I only cut a 1 inch piece off the top.
4. Crimp the bottom of the envelope from side to side.
5. Fit the small top piece over the crimped bottom so you can see what area you need to decorate.
6. Cut a piece of brown paper, using decorative scissors, so that it is a little smaller than the bottom front, all the way around.
Attach with double sided tape. You could tape the brown piece on before you crimp, but the reindeer and snowflake would go on after.
7. With decorative scissors, cut a strip of the brown paper that is smaller than the top piece.
Attach it to the front of the top piece.
8. Tie a bow in matching ribbon and attach it to the top piece to finish the reindeer crimped envelope bag.
You could use glue instead of double sided tape. I like the tape because you don’t have to wait for it to dry.
The reindeer and snowflake could be attached to the brown paper piece before the brown paper is attached to the bag.
Cut out pictures and punch snowflakes ahead of time so when you want to create you will have them ready.
Leave a Reply