By Noreen Doll.
This easy Bone Appetit Napkin Ring is so quick it could be made at the last minute for a party or dinner.
Kids could be a great help with it, or they could make them for a school party.
White Craft Foam Sheet
How to Make a Bone Appetit Napkin Ring.
1. Make a paper pattern of the bone.
This bone is 7 3/4 inches long. It is 3/4 inch wide along the center, and the ends are 1 1/2 inches wide.
2. Trace the pattern onto white craft foam.
Cut it out.
I cut around the outside of the traced line.
3. Make a slit half way across the bone, next to one end.
At the other end, on the opposite side, make a slit 3/4 of an inch away from the end as shown.
This slit will also go half way across the bone.
4. At this point you can use brown or gray ink to shade around the edges of the bone.
5. Shape the bone into a ring and join the slits together.
You get a nice 3D effect with this napkin ring,
and you can adjust the napkin to make the bone straight across – or not, if you want it otherwise.
Some one is checking out the Bone Appetit napkin ring to be sure it was done correctly.
I traced the paper pattern onto cardboard to make the pattern sturdier, before I started with the craft foam.