By Noreen Doll.
A back to back tag pocket has a pocket on each side and a bonus pocket between the tags.
These are fun to add to a journal, scrapbook, or album.
This is a very easy pocket to make, as you essentially make a giant tag, then make a few cuts and folds, and it’s finished.
Each of the tags is a pocket, and there is a third (bonus) pocket between them that is accessed from the top.
It’s a fun page to add to an album or journal.
12×12 inch Scrapbooking Paper
Double Sided Tape
How to Make Back to Back Tag Pockets.
1. Cut the 12×12 inch paper so you have a piece that is 7 inches high by 12 inches wide.
2. Use the diagram to score and cut the paper.
Score 1/2 inch in from each long edge, and 4 inches from 1 short edge.
3. Cut off the top 1/2 inch from each side, so the paper looks like this.
Fold the 4 inch pocket to the front of the page, and the two 1/2 inch side flaps to the back.
4. Using a lid or other round item, draw a half circle in the center of the edge that will be the top of the pocket.
Cut it out.
5. Cut off one corner of the other end of the tag.
Lay it on the opposite side of the same short edge and draw a triangle to match it.
Cut it off.
6. Fold the flaps to the back of the pocket and adhere them with double sided tape.
7. Score the flap 3 1/4 inch from the open edge. Fold over the pocket.
8. Make the other pocket tag the same way, EXCEPT score the pocket flap 2 3/4 inch from the edge.
9. Lay the tags back to back horizontally, with the pockets on the left and the flaps on the right.
As shown by the red arrows, place the double sided tape between the tags. Tape down the left side and across the bottom.
Leave both flaps open and untaped.
10. Then run a piece of tape between the two pockets on the right side just at the edge of the shorter flap when it is closed.
The blue flap will be wider and will allow about 1/2 inch of the red tag to be seen on the right.
The pockets should open on the right side, and there should be another pocket between the 2 tags, opening at the top.
Use double sided scrapbooking paper to make a single pocket tag
following steps 1 through 5 (above).
Adhere the flaps between the pocket and back of tag.
Add a pocket to the reverse side. The one I used is 4 1/2 x 5 inches.
And of course, you can embellish all sides of the pages and pockets.
Laura Lane of Harvest Lane Cottage says
Crafty! How do you use them?
You can use them in a journal or album. Put photos or memorabilia in the pockets. Or journal on cards and attach with photos to the pages.
Jennie @ The Diary of a Real Housewife says
This looks great! Thanks for sharing and linking up with me today!
Ana Love Craft says
Super cute! Thanks for sharing great tutorial.
Best wishes for New Year!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
I just got back to creating my scrapbooks and I love this cute idea for them. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy