By Noreen Doll.
Create a fun turkey finger puppet for kids.
They can put their fingers through the holes for the turkey’s legs and have fun making him dance around.
Brown Craft Foam
Silk Fall Leaves
Bit of Red and Orange Craft Foam
Paper for Pattern
How to Make a Turkey Finger Puppet.
1. Make a paper pattern for the turkey body. Draw 2 holes near the bottom of the body big enough for fingers to fit through.
Cut it out
2. Trace the turkey body onto the brown craft foam. Trace the leg holes, too.
Cut the turkey out. Cut out the leg holes.
3. Draw a beak on the orange craft foam. Cut it out.
4. Draw a wattle on the red craft foam. Cut it out.
5. Glue the eyes, beak and wattle onto the turkey.
6. Make the feathers.
Lay 2 leaves as shown in a V shape, with the bottom part overlapping each other. Glue them together where they touch.
Lay one leaf in the middle of the leaf V, and glue it where it overlaps the other 2 leaves.
Lay 2 more leaves on either side of the center leaf, and glue them where they overlap.
7. Glue the turkey body onto the leaves as shown, with the big part of the body slightly hanging lower than the leaves. And with the top leaf above the turkey’s head.
8. Once the glue is dry, or hard, or cool, the turkey is ready to be played with.