By Noreen Doll.
This sweet lollipop angel is a great favor idea for kids.
And it is also easy for kids to make, so it would be a great class or group project.
Create it in pink or red for Valentine’s Day.
Double Sided Colorful Paper or Construction Paper
Scrap of Ribbon
How to Make a Lollipop Angel.
1. I didn’t have double sided paper in a color I wanted, so I cut squares of 2 different papers that were a little larger than the circle I used.
Use a glue stick to glue the squares together and let dry for a few minutes.
2. Draw a circle on the paper. I used a CD, but a plate or large lid would work, too.
Cut the circle out, just inside the traced line.
3. Measure down 1 1/8 inch from the top of the circle.
Score straight across the circle on this line.
4. Fold on the score line to the back of the circle.
5. Mark the center of the fold, and then make a mark 1/4 inch to each side of center.
This will be the fold mark for the arms.
6. Using the photo as a guide, make a diagonal fold from the top marks.
7. Punch a hole through both layers about 1/4 inch down from the fold.
8. Make a heart a little larger than the circle for wings.
I cut the tip off the heart, but you can leave it on..
9. Center the angel on the wings and mark where to punch the lollipop hole. Punch.
10. Thread the lollipop through the angel, and then through the wings.
11. With tape, attach the handle to the back of the wings. I used white duct tape to match the color of the wings.
12. Turn the angel over, tie a ribbon ….
or twine around the lollipop stick just under the candy part.
Your finished angel is ready to be used as a favor, package tie, or small gift.
For the Valentine Lollipop Angel, I put a piece of packing tape on the back before I punched the holes to make them sturdier.
Because the tape doesn’t show in the photo, I outlined it with pencil so you can see where it is.
You could make a second hole further down on the angel to bring the lollipop stick back through, but I preferred the stick behind the angel.
For the Valentine one, I did punch the two holes.