By Noreen Doll.
Create a Jack O Lantern bath pouf in just a few minutes.
With just felt, a pipe cleaner and an orange bath pouf, you can make a cute Jack O Lantern.
1 Green Pipe Cleaner
1 Orange Bath Pouf
Small Piece of Black Felt
Instructions for the Jack O Lantern Bath Pouf
1. Decide how you want to make the features for the Jack O Lantern. I usually draw faces on a piece of paper until I have one I like.
2. Cut the features from black felt.
3. Make the pumpkin stem.
Cut about 8 inches off the pipe cleaner. This will be the stem.
Fold the stem about 3 1/4 inches or so up from the bottom, so that the two ends are side by side.
Then fold the longer end over the shorter edge right at the fold.
4. Start to wind the longer end around the shorter end, starting at the fold (which will be the top of the stem).
Continue wrapping with the rings next to each other, down the stem, until you’ve used all of the long end.
Bend the top (wrapped end) of the stem a little.
5. Use a bit of hot glue down in the center of the orange pouf to attach the unwrapped end of the stem.
(If working with kids, an adult should handle the hot glue part.)
6. Attach the features. Be sure the eyes aren’t too far apart.
If you want to be sure the features stay where you put them, it’s best to use a few stitches in a couple of spots.
Find a fun place to set your Jack O Lantern bath pouf.