By Noreen Doll.
A fall leaf turkey magnet is quick and easy to make.
Round up the kids to help you make a bunch.
It would make a great classroom project, or a Thanksgiving craft for the kids while waiting for the turkey to cook.
You can find a bag of leaves at the Dollar Store, and the turkey body is cut from cereal or cracker box cardboard.
Instead of making a fall leaf turkey magnet, you could make it for a place card and write each person’s name across the front.
Or you could use the magnets as Thanksgiving favors for the guests to take home.
Cereal or Cracker Box Cardboard, that is brown inside
Bag of Silk Fall Leaves
Twine, thick enough for the turkey legs
Sharpies or Paint for the Face
Double Sided Tape or Glue
Make sure the cardboard you are using is brown on one side for the turkey body.
1. Make a template for the turkey body. Cut out.
2. Trace the turkey body onto the cereal box cardboard. Cut out.
One box will make lots of turkeys.
3. Punch 2 holes near the bottom of the body as shown.
4.Cut a piece of twine about 10 inches long.
Thread each end through one of the holes, from the back of the turkey to the front.
5. Pull the twine ends down until they are even.
Decide how long you want the turkey’s legs to be, and tie a knot there for the foot.
Leave about half an inch or so of twine beyond the knot, and cut the excess off.
6. Use Sharpies or paint to make the turkey’s face.
7. Choose 2 leaves of different colors. Have 1 leaf larger than the other.
Using tape or glue, attach the smaller leaf on top of the larger leaf about an inch down from the top of the large leaf.
8. Use glue or tape to attach the turkey body to the leaves,
9. Make a small bow and attach it to the turkey’s neck.
10. Attach a magnet to the back of the turkey body.
The fall leaf turkey magnet is ready to be used.