By Noreen Doll.
A conversation heart necklace can be a nice accessory for Valentine’s Day.
It’s easy to make with foam heart stickers and a leather cord or length of ribbon.
It would be a good project for a young girl to make for herself and her friends.
26 inch or 27 inch Length of Leather Cord or Ribbon
2 Foam Conversation Hearts – the Same Size
2 Jump Rings
How To Make a Conversation Heart Necklace.
1. Choose 2 foam conversation heart stickers. Peel the backings off them and stick them to each other back to back, matching the edges.
2. Using an ice pick or other sharp pointed tool, poke a hole in the center just under the top edge.
3. Open a jump ring and thread another jump ring on it. Then thread the open jump ring through the hole in the heart.
4. Put one end of the cord or ribbon through the jump ring NOT attached to the heart.
5. Bring the two ends of the cord/ribbon evenly together and tie a knot in them.
To wear the conversation heart necklace, slip the cord or ribbon over the wearer’ s head.