By Noreen Doll.
Craft an easy to make carrot gift box.
It’s a fun way to wrap a few candies, or a bit of cash, or other small gift.
Let your kids leave something in one for the Easter Bunny, and maybe he’ll leave a small gift or note for them.
Carrot Gift Boxes are a great idea for favors, too, and kids can easily make them.
It might be fun to hide a few carrot boxes along with eggs if you are doing an Easter Egg Hunt.
You can use any card stock or scrap booking paper. Or even gift wrap if it isn’t too thin.
Orange Paper, 3×11 inches
Green Pipe Cleaners or Ribbon
How to Make a Carrot Gift Box.
1. Find the center point of each side of the paper and mark it.
2. Score between these center points as shown.
3. Fold the paper in half on the center score line. Unfold.
4. At one end, fold one side of the paper to the back side.
Fold in the other side.
Repeat at the other end of the paper.
5. Fold the paper in half again,
allowing one end of the paper to be on the inside of the other end of paper.
6. Find the center of the open end and punch a hole
through all thicknesses, about 3/8 inch down from the edge.
7. Fill the box with whatever you want in it.
8. Cut a green pipe cleaner in half and put both halves through the punched hole.
Twist and bend the pipe cleaner ends until you like how they look.
Or you can tie the box shut with green ribbon.
I liked the look of this printed orange paper for a carrot. If you only have plain orange paper, you can stamp it with a design.