By Noreen Doll.
Create a fun black widow paper rosette with colorful orange and black strips of Halloween paper.
These would make great party decorations and you could also use bats, ghosts, or jack-o-lanterns.
This rosette is small, but you can make them larger, too.
Orange, Black, Yellow, and Green Halloween Paper
Small Piece of Cardboard
Small Spider (I used one from a spider ring.)
How to Make a Black Widow Paper Rosette.
1. Decide in what order you want to build your rosette colors.
It works best to have a light color on top if you’re going to use a spider or bat, and a dark color on top if you plan to use a ghost or pumpkin.
2. The bottom rosette will be the largest.
Cut 3 orange strips that are 3 inches wide by 12 inches long.
3. Score them every half inch.
Fold back and forth on the score lines to make a fan fold.
After the strips are all folded and well creased, tape them end to end,
and then join the other ends into a circle.
4. For the black rosette, cut two strips 2 inches wide by 12 inches long.
Score, fan fold, and crease like the orange one.
Glue the strips together (or use double sided tape), and then glue in a circle.
5. Cut 2 circles from cardboard (I used a cracker box).
Make one circle about 3 inches in diameter, and the other circle about 2 inches in diameter.
They don’t need to be perfect circles as they won’t be seen.
6. Cut a 2 inch diameter circle from the yellow paper.
7. To put the rosettes together, start with the 3 inch circle of cardboard.
Put some hot glue on it and then lay the orange rosette on the glue, orange side up. Push it together in the middle so the center hole is small.
This is what it looks like on the bottom side.
Put hot glue on one side of the 2 inch cardboard circle and attach the circle to the center of the orange rosette.
8. Put hot glue on the top of the 2 inch cardboard circle and press the black rosette onto it.
Put hot glue on the bottom side of the yellow paper circle and center it on the black rosette.
9. Cut the spider off a spider ring and hot glue it to the center of the yellow circle.
10. To hang the black widow paper rosette, use a needle to attach thread to the top of the rosette and tie a knot in the thread.
Or scatter rosettes down the center of a table.
This would also make a great package decoration, or to attach to a treat bag.
You can just fan fold the strips without scoring them, but it is easier to make them more uniform if you score first.
You can buy larger spiders at the Dollar Store or make your own.