By Noreen Doll.
From what I’ve read, hackers can now use a hand held device to read your personal information on your credit cards even while the cards are tucked away in your wallet.
I’ve also been seeing aluminum wallets for carrying credit cards, to thwart the ability to read the personal information on them.
Being a crafter, I wanted to create my own security credit card holder with aluminum in it.
This project I’ve created uses durable duct tape combined with aluminum foil, and both items are readily available. In fact, duct tape now comes in a huge variety of colors and designs.
This would make a great gift for almost anyone, and a useful stocking stuffer, too.
How to Make a Security Credit Card Holder.
1. Make a template. I made one first on paper
3. Cut a strip of duct tape 5 inches long and lay it across the 5 inch width of the aluminum foil, starting at the bottom.
4. Cut a second strip of duct tape 5 inches long and lay it just above the first strip, overlapping it by 1/4 of an inch or so.
Press the duct tape gently but firmly onto the aluminum foil.
6. Turn the aluminum foil over and repeat the process, starting with a strip at the bottom and overlapping each successive strip slightly, until you have covered the second side of the foil.
7. Lay the security credit card holder on the duct tape sheet and draw around it.
9. Make the slit.
10. Fold the holder on the fold lines and crease them sharply.
11. Fold the bottom section of the holder up, and use a 2 1/2 inch strip of duct tape on each side to close the pocket.
12. Tuck the point of the flap into the slit and the security credit card holder is ready to use.
How to Add a Pocket or Divider.
1. Make a pocket / divider template.
3. Lay both templates on the finished duct tape sheet, one above the other, and draw around them.
4. Cut them out.
This is how the pockets will look inside.