By Noreen Doll.
Create a sweetheart angel for your loved ones.
This angel is perfect for Valentine’s Day or just to tell someone you care. It would also make a nice birthday or thank you gift – or just “I’m thinking of you”.
I think it would also be lovely for someone who is recovering in a hospital or nursing home.
It is an easy project, and could be made by kids, who could give one to their Mom or Grandmother for Mother’s Day.
Foam Heart – Large enough for wings.
1 Doily (Mine was 5 inches in diameter)
1 Wood Bead – Large enough for a head.
1 Jump Ring, or other ring for Halo
Glue or Double Sided Tape
How to Make a Sweetheart Angel.
1. Cut a doily in half.
2. Shape a half doily into a cone, overlapping the bottom edge by about an inch or so. Glue the edges together or use double sided tape.
3. Coat the wood bead with white glue mixed with a bit of water and let dry. This will keep the ink from the eyes and mouth from running.
4. Using a Sharpie or other marker, draw eyes and a mouth on the bead for the sweetheart angel’s face.
5. Twist the point of the cone slightly and push the bead down on it.
When you have a good fit, put a little glue inside the bead and place it over the point of the cone. Make sure the seam of the cone is at the back.
6. Attach the angel to the foam heart, making sure the point of the heart is high enough that the cone sits evenly.
7. Put a bit of glue on one side of the jump ring and attach it to the top of the angel’s head for a halo.
8. Attach a tiny colorful bow under the sweetheart angel’s neck.