By Noreen Doll.
A sparkly shamrock necklace is perfect for a little girl whose favorite color is glitter.
It’s quick and easy, and she can help make it.
It would make a wonderful slumber party craft, or a favor for a St. Patrick’s Day party.
Black Ribbon or Cord
Sharp Tool to Make a Hole (Ice Pick)
How to Make a Sparkly Shamrock Necklace.
1. Choose 2 shamrock stickers the same size.
2. Peel the back off one shamrock and lay it sticky side up.
3. Peel the back off a second shamrock and attach the sticky side to the sticky side of the first shamrock.
Try to get them lined up before they touch, as they stick VERY well once they’re together.
3. My sticker package also had smaller shamrocks in a lighter green, so I removed the back of one and stuck it onto the front of the shamrock sticker pendant.
4. Using something sharp, punch a small hole through the top of the shamrock.
5. Attach a jump ring through the hole.
6. Slip a ribbon or cord through the jump ring and the necklace is ready to wear.
After you put the shamrocks together, you can trim a bit off an edge that sticks out if they aren’t perfectly aligned.
To open a jump ring, pull one end toward you and push the other end away from you. Don’t open it side to side as it won’t close properly again.
You could use a chain to hang the shamrock instead of a ribbon.
If you’re working with children, be sure to supervise when they’re using a sharp tool.