By Noreen Doll.
Create a recycled Christmas card ornament from your old Christmas cards.
This is a nice way to save some of your favorite cards and use them on your tree. Or hang them from a mantel.
You will need a fairly large card with a horizontal picture to make this ornament.
Ice Pick or Sharp Pointed Tool
How to Make a Recycled Christmas Card Ornament.
The card I used is 6 3/4 inches wide by 4 1/2 inches high. You will need your card to be 6 or 7 inches wide and at least 4 inches to 5 inches high.
1. The strips need to be 1/2 inches wide, so cut off the sides of the card to make it even.
2. Cut off the back of the card. Cut the front of the card into half inch strips, cutting from top to bottom of the picture.
4. Use the ice pick or sharp tool to poke holes in both ends of each strip, about 1/4 inch from the end. Center the holes from side to side.
You can punch the holes in the first strip and then lay it on top of each of the other strips to punch those holes.
5. Push the brad through the holes on the top end of each strip, starting with number one and attaching them in order.
6. Repeat with the second brad, pushing it through all the holes on the bottom end of each strip. Open the prongs.
More ideas for recycling Christmas cards are these Hundreds of Ways to Use Old Christmas Cards.