By Noreen Doll.
For a last minute place setting decoration, create these quick Valentine napkin rings.
They are easy enough that even preschoolers could help you make them.
And they would be fun for a Valentine or classroom party.
I found the conversation hearts at Target’s Dollar Spot, and the plain heart stickers at the Dollar Store.
You can make your own hearts with craft foam if you can’t find them in the store.
Brown Cardboard Tube
Valentine Heart Stickers
Double Sided Tape or Glue
How to Make Quick Valentine Napkin Rings.
1. Cut the cardboard rings 1 1/2 inch wide.
2. Cut strips of colored paper 1 i/2 inch wide. Make them long enough to overlap by an inch or so.
3. Using double sided tape, attach one end of the paper strip to the cardboard ring.
Wrap the paper strip around the tube, overlapping the edge and tape the other end down.
4. Choose a larger heart for the bottom heart and a smaller heart of a different color to go on top.
5. Center the smaller heart on the larger heart and attach it.
6. Attach the larger heart to the napkin ring, and it’s ready to be used.
Let the kids color or draw on the paper strips before you attach them to the cardboard ring.
Write each person’s name on a napkin ring.
If you can’t find conversation hearts, use markers to write your own messages on plain hearts.