By Noreen Doll.
It only takes a few folds to make a quick heart bookmark that slides onto a corner of the page you want to mark.
Kids can learn to make them, too.
They’re fun to give to friends for Valentine’s Day.
In fact, these folds are almost the same as you use to make the Super Easy Dollar Bill Heart.
Be sure to crease the folds well, as that is the secret to getting the bookmark to lay flat.
Bone Folder, or other tool for creasing.
How to Make a Quick Heart Bookmark.
1. Cut a piece of paper 5 inches by 2 1/2 inches.
2. Fold the paper in half long wise.
3. Fold it in half again the other way. Open it.
The crease will mark the center of the paper.
4. With the fold at the bottom, take the right half of the paper and fold it up so that the bottom edge is right next to the center crease.
Crease the fold.
Repeat with the left half of the paper.
5. Turn the paper over.
6. On one side, fold the top down about 3/8 of an inch. Crease.
Repeat on the other side.
7. Fold each of the 4 top corners down as shown.
8. I put a small piece of tape below the corners to hold the 2 sides together.
Don’t let the tape cover the pocket as that is where the page corner slides in.
Turn the heart over and slide it on to a corner of your book.
Make heart bookmarks in lots of pretty colors.
You can use almost any kind of paper, but you don’t want it too heavy. Card stock is more difficult to lay flat than thinner paper.
Even magazine pages work well for this project.