By Noreen Doll.
A quick and easy way to make a pocket page in a book is to use an envelope.
You can create a pocket with a new envelope, or one that has already been used.
Glue or Double Sided Tape
How to Make a Pocket Page in a Book – Idea #4.
1. Choose some colorful paper to cover the envelope.
It can be scrapbook paper, wrapping paper, or a magazine page.
2. Turn the envelope so the flap side is up. Open the flap.
Cut a piece of paper to fit the bottom part of the envelope.
3. Place a piece of the colored paper under the envelope flap and push it up until one edge touches the fold.
Lay the flap over the paper, and draw around the edge of the flap.
Cut the flap shaped piece of paper out.
4. Glue the rectangle that fits the bottom of the envelope onto the envelope.
5. Cut or punch a thumb hole in the top edge.
6. Fold the flap down and glue the flap shape onto the flap.
7. Using scissors or a sharp knife, cut along the left side of the envelope from the top down to the bottom fold.
This edge will open out and allow you to access the envelope more easily, but because the open edge is in the center of the book, it will still keep items secure.
8. Use tape or glue to adhere the envelope to the right page of the book, so the open side edge of the pocket is near the center of the book.
Be sure to put the pocket on the lower half of the page so there is room to put tall things in the pocket if you wish.
Perhaps you would like to have the address on the front of the envelope show in your journal.
1. Cut off the top flap.
2. Cut down the left side of the envelope with scissors or a knife.
3. Cut a piece of paper to fit the envelope, and adhere it to the inside back of the envelope.
4. Attach the envelope to the book with the address showing on top.
If you are going to put the pocket on the left page of your book, you will need to cut the right side of the envelope, or the side that will be near the center of the book.